We are committed to Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive cities, regions and places that benefit local people and economies, nature and the planet. Digital connectivity, technology and data are vital but only if they help create liveable places where people choose to live, work or study. The Smart City should -
- significantly enhance everyone’s quality of life
- underpin an inclusive local economy and thriving communities and
- support the urgent need to reduce carbon emissions and live within the limits of the planet’s natural resources.
We also see Creativity, Culture and Learning as central to successful places - in the Smart City people stay for longer than they originally intended because they are enjoying themselves so much!
- Collaborative: building public - private - people partnerships
- Inclusive: actively seeking out diverse experiences and perspectives
- Resilient: addressing the shocks and stresses that limit the capacity of cities and communities to thrive
- Sustainable: minimising negative impact on the planet by promoting new behaviours and new norms
- Creative: valuing ideas that make us think differently
- Generous: we spend time listening, helping and sharing
- Smart: balancing the benefits of technology and digital innovation with human and emotional intelligence